Podcasting is more than just talking into a microphone, what happens after you finish recording?
Today on the WPMRR podcast, Joe and Christie talk about running a podcast, how they record, and the technicalities of producing an episode.
Listen now to get ideas on creating your own podcast!
- Start your podcast!
- Leave us a 5-star review on iTunes
- Binge on past episodes you missed
- Check out our website for the latest updates
- Send your questions to email@example.com
What you’ll learn:
- [00:00:45] Christie’s Update: living alone again in Texas
- [00:05:06] Joe’s Update: new hire for a marketing position, new Youtube channel
- [00:08:] WPMRR Course update: whole site was moved to a summit page
- [00:11:19] Tell people how we run our podcast.
- [00:12:] How WPMRR started: Joe invited Christie to be his co-host through an email, but she ignored it.
- [00:14:20] Make sure to personalize messages to certain people, important messages. A short Loom video can be included in the email.
- [00:15:46] How do we choose topics? Talk about what’s going within the week before recording, we look at a Google Doc with notes of the stuff we want to talk about.
- [00:16:55] Don’t over-plan. WPMRR usually talks about general topics and talks about anything as the episodes go.
- [00:18:42] Podcasting can be done like a blog. It can be informal too, almost a ‘not prepared’ approach.
- [00:21:12] How do we record the podcast? We are using riverside.fm. Before, we recorded in Zoom, now we use this new tool.
- [00:25:10] All we would do is record in zoom, and record our individual audio using quicktime audio, and we would upload the files in Google Drive, and send the files for production.
- [00:27:25] Podcast gears: Mic, Webcam
- [00:36:22] What’s important to outline is that those people (with great and expensive gears) built up to that.
- [00:38:05] We pay hundreds of dollars for post production, probably more when youtube marketing is added
- [00:39:56] We drop the episode in riverside.fm, Bradley and his team picks them up, and one upcoming Tuesday they come out on all podcast players.
- [00:42:35] New Thing: We are pushing our podcasts on Youtube.
- [00:43:55] How we grow and get listeners?
- [00:44:26] The really important part is the process is really fun for you.
- [00:45:23] Quality content is the more important part, it might take longer if you don’t do marketing stuff.
- [00:46:31] When I have a guest, one of the questions is “Can you help us promote the episode…”
- [00:50:47] There’s a thing of putting a great product together and not having anybody listen. If you want to do something to put it out, then do something.
- [00:51:20] It takes time, maybe you blow up in a few months if you already have a platform or a huge audience.
- [00:53:05] How do we improve in podcasting?
- [00:53:30] I’ve gained confidence, I have stopped speaking with a lot of UHMs and AHHs. – Christie
- [00:54:38] Listen to other things that you like. Getting honest opinions is a great way to improve.
- [00:56:35] There’s feedback that’s really good, that’s critical, that helps you grow, and good feedback for the episode.
- [00:57:30] Critical feedback is good but you have to decide what to change. Authenticity is important.