Online translations have sped up research and business growth, now how about paying for a one-stop shop translation plug-in?
Today on the WPMRR podcast, Joe talks to Augustin Prot on co-founding WeGlot into existence, why premium subscriptions should offer more, and how community support adds value to a business service.
Listen to how the translation business has evolved for a broader mass consumption.
What you’ll learn:
- [00:01:10] Where we met.
- [00:03:10] What is WeGlot?
- [00:06:58] Free version has removed the idea that “we only want your money”.
- [00:09:25] What goes into the Free version and the Premium version?
- [00:11:45] Why start a translation business?
- [00:13:25] Frustration on incomplete translation tools.
- [00:14:39] How did you and your co-founder meet?
- [00:16:47] Once there was traction, we registered the company
- [00:18:03] WeGlot value: Help people set up multilingual sites.
- [00:19:32] We provide a layer of automatic translations.
- [00:21:32] Manual translations are a lot of work.
- [00:22:25] How helpful is the WordPress community in growing WeGlot?
- [00:25:14] It can be a challenge to find balance between marketing and providing community service
- [00:27:54] It’s also about people getting more for what they do in WordPress.
- [00:29:36] We need more premium solutions in the WordPress space.
- [00:31:19] WordPress should offer more premium offerings so they can promote healthier business with more growth.
- [00:32:02] How do you do support and where is it in the priorities of the company?
- [00:33:15] We’ve all been in a situation when we have to pay for anything.
- [00:34:16] There are companies that only offer support for premium licenses.
- [00:35:45] We have the responsibility to keep improving so subscription continues each month.
- [00:36:32] WeGlot can be used across different platforms in need of translation.
- [00:37:24] Client support is the most important work a company can do.
- [00:38:08] What are your plans for the rest of the year and the next?
- [00:40:05] We are trying to find ways to give back and remain visible.
- [00:41:15] WeGlot discount code for new users who wish to upgrade: WPBUFFS20