In today’s episode, Joe talks to Maddy Osman, Founder and SEO Content Strategist at The Blogsmith. She creates content optimized for onsite SEO, handles keyword research, and picks feature blog images, among other SEO content writing strategies her agency offers.
They discuss SEO and content optimization, old school SEO strategies, competitor analysis, and winning clicks in search results.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:36 Let’s welcome back, Maddy Osman!
- 03:06 How to start dominating content and SEO
- 09:19 Keywords and content optimization
- 13:28 Identifying the reading level of your target audience
- 17:51 The importance of word counts in SEO
- 21:30 SEO ranking and relevant search
- 27:22 The first experience someone has on your site
- 28:40 Video embedding is an engagement metric
- 31:03 Tips to content exposure and audience reach
- 33:30 How to win clicks in the search engine results
- 38:12 Target keywords still work when added in the meta description
- 41:00 Find Maddy online!