In today’s episode, we look back into our conversation with Kyle Maurer, Director Of Operations at Sandhills Development. It’s the most listened to episode ever in the WPMRR Podcast.
Joe, Christie, and Kyle discuss strategies in hiring right, how a good job listing is formatted, and how to make your applications stand out.
Tune in to learn how to hire and be hired successfully!
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:28 Welcome to the WPMRR Podcast!
- 02:22 Let’s meet Kyle Maurer of Sandhills Podcast
- 04:32 Give Get Options Podcast a listen!
- 08:04 Hiring tactics to hire the right people
- 11:54 How to get a more diverse pool of applicants
- 16:15 What not to include in your job posting
- 21:07 The impact of adding the compensation program
- 24:29 Negotiations in salary discussions
- 28:02 Advertise posting in several spaces to reach out to more diverse demographics
- 33:20 How do diversity of new hires affect the team?
- 36:25 There’s a shortage of applicants who go the extra mile
- 42:30 Written and oral communication is important in a global setting
- 44:56 How to create an outstanding application
- 50:19 The biggest cheat: If you aren’t a stranger, you have an advantage
- 53:10 Telling stories during interviews to sell yourself