In today’s episode, we revisit an old episode with David Vogelpohl of WP Engine – a platform for site building and management tools to drive more creative agility; cloud hosting and security solutions to enable enterprise performance; and optimization tools to give you ongoing intelligence.
Joe and David talk about exploring strategic partners, adding new components to keep existing clients while continuing to gain new clients to defeat churn, as well as information on acquiring new business and preserving the brand during the integration.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:12 Welcome to the pod, David!
- 03:17 WordPress background and working at WP Engine
- 05:49 Issues often faced in a large scale business
- 09:35 The Negative Net Churn
- 11:11 On acquisition process and success
- 15:19 The advantages of an acquisition partnership
- 18:46 How to prepare a business before selling
- 23:41 What will an acquiring company look for in a business?
- 28:26 Getting to know WordPress Gutenberg
- 35:17 Other configurations made possible with Gutenberg
- 40:53 Find David online!