In today’s episode, Joe talks to Leonardo Losoviz, a freelance developer and writer, with an ongoing quest to integrate innovative paradigms such as Serverless PHP and GraphQL into existing PHP frameworks such as WordPress. He is a one-man team running GraphQL API plugin, offering the most powerful GarphQL experience into any WordPress site.
Leonardo fearlessly shares his expertise in coding and developing websites, the ongoing challenges of promoting a new plugin, and the opportunities of building-in-public approach for developers to reach more audiences.
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 02:27 Welcome to the pod, Leonardo!
- 03:03 The freedom of building websites as a hobby
- 05:03 What is GraphQL API?
- 12:23 Security issues on open source API
- 16:24 Pulling SEO data on a decoupled site
- 20:42 The struggles of promoting a product
- 24:40 How do you rate success?
- 28:43 Coming soon: a behind-the-scene monthly newsletter on plugin development
- 30:45 The building-in-public strategy
- 33:32 Strategies to eventually compete in the plugin market
- 38:56 Find Leonardo online!