In today’s episode, Joe and Christie answer the question: “Should your business be political?” They discuss Expensify’s political move during the recent election, why society benefits from staying out of politics, the political roots of every business, and how WordPress remains a political space.
Listen in to learn why politics is present when running a business!
What to Listen For:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:20 What are you hiring for?
- 05:20 What’s up with Joe and Christie?
- 08:59 Should your business be political?
- 09:55 Expensify’s political move during the presidential election
- 14:40 The political stances of everyday functions
- 19:53 General rule: society benefits from staying out of politics
- 22:50 Taylor Swift and her apolitical stance
- 25:19 People support brands that reflect their own values
- 28:10 Businesses are deeply political
- 33:30 When it’s not you on top making the decision
- 43:10 Being political online from a business perspective
- 45:12 Helping your company make a stand
- 46:55 People become political to be heard, to have their own voice
- 51:00 Your business is already political because it exists
- 56:26 WordPress has opened the gateway for anyone to publish their ideas
- 59:27 WordPress remains a political space